Are a children’s safety charity based in Brighton and working across the South East. We provide training, consultancy and resources nationally to those working with children and young people. We have over 20 years of experience delivering projects to support children, young people and their families to feel and be safer at home, school and in their neighbourhoods. Our vision is to build communities where children, young people and adults know they have the right to feel safe and understand their responsibility to keep others safe.
Safety Net was started on the Whitehawk Estate, Brighton in 1995 by local residents and workers, with the aim of preventing child abuse by involving the whole community in keeping children safe.
We have expanded since then and now run a range of projects and services which include:
- safety awareness education programmes for all children including bullying prevention, personal safety and online safety
- individual and group work support for vulnerable children, young people and their families
- practical support for families including parenting workshops, outings, activities and a home safety equipment scheme
- safeguarding support for community groups
- we also offer a wide range of training courses and workshops for individuals and organisations
Our services are based on a safety awareness programme called Protective Behaviours (PBs). We have developed expertise in this approach and deliver it extensively to children, young people and families under the banner of ‘Feeling Good, Feeling Safe.
For general enquiries contact us on 01273 411613