Brighton & Hove Youth Advocacy Project
At the Youth Participation Team, it is our mission to ensure that the voice of young people is heard, ensuring they know their rights and the choices available to them.
We specialise in supporting young people who have been in care or have had experience of social services’ involvement, but will also provide opportunities around accreditation and the Youth Council, which is open to a wider youth audience.
Services offered by the Youth Participation Team
Advocacy support – Our advocacy service can help make a complaint if a young person is unhappy about a decision.
Independent Visiting Service – Independent Visitors are volunteers who befriend and support children living in another home away from home.
Youth Voice creates opportunities for care experienced young people to be involved in influencing serves within the council.
Accreditation – we run two accreditation schemes, the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and the Arts Award
We work with children who:
- Are aged 5 to 25 and are in care or a care leaver
- Are up to the age of 25 and are not in education, employment or training
- Have a disability and who are receiving shared care
- Are young parents under the age of 18
- Are young unoccupied asylum seekers
- Are going to a family group conference or child protection conference
If you are a young person who needs support please contact us on
01273 295510 or 07812356994
or email firstname.lastname@example.org