At Amaze our aim is to be an independent charity whose work with parent carers and young people is funded from a variety of sources: local authorities, central government, health services, trusts and foundations, businesses, public donations and from fundraising events such as the Brighton Marathon and our annual Big Cheer comedy night.
We provide a range of different information, advice and support services to parent carers and also direct to children and young people with SEND, depending on where you live in Sussex.
Our aim is to ensure that families who have children with disabilities and special educational needs are valued, included in their community and supported to thrive. Furthermore our mission is Parent carers, children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities are informed and supported to build their resilience, achieve positive outcomes and ensure their voices are heard.
We have a number of values that underpin our work these are:
- We will listen and be responsive to the needs of families
- We will provide families and young people with a voice, both in their individual casework and at a strategic level, influencing decision makers by sharing our learning about what families need
- We will remain independent from statutory agencies and provide impartial information, advice and support
- Parent carers and young people with SEND themselves are the experts and our services should be ‘person-centred’ and ‘co-produced’ by them
- We empower parent carers and young people by building their confidence, knowledge, skills and resilience
- Amaze services will be of a high quality, provided by experienced and knowledgeable staff, who are approachable and trustworthy
- As demand for our services remains incredibly high, we will prioritise our services to support the most vulnerable, and support others to be more self-servicing.
Contact us on our office landline for general enquiries on 01273234020 or contact us on our helpline for a parent or carer seeking advice on 01273772289 or email us at email@example.com/amaze